Tuesday, September 16, 2008

When did Bell start charging for incoming text messages?

I read that Bell would start charging for incoming text messages on August 8th. After August 8th I checked my unbilled usage and incoming text messages were free, appearing under included events. In September I checked the bill and I saw I was only charged for outgoing text messages. After this I assumed that incoming text messages are free. Then I checked my unbilled usage for the next month and incoming text messages weren't free anymore. So I guess Bell starts charging for text messages when a new billing period starts after the date when they said they'll start. The lady at *611 was immediately willing to remove charges for incoming text messages up to now this month when I explained this, which was impressive. I'm certainly not happy with how Bell is charging for incoming text messages though.

No comments: